Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
The non-profit world depends on volunteers and small non-profits like Peaslee, depend on them a lot – even if you can only do a little.
Make a connection with Peaslee today and get engaged in some of our ongoing volunteer opportunities!
Contact : Jenn Summers, Community Education & Volunteer Coordinator
email@example.com / (513) 621-5514 x15
Here are some ongoing volunteer opportunities at Peaslee:
- Office and clerical support
- Work on Newsletter
- Work in classrooms with children
- Work in garden during the spring and summer
- Serve on a committee of the Peaslee Board
- Help host piano recitals
- Help with our annual concert
- Work at Peaslee special events
- Assist with facilities maintenance
- Help with yard and grounds maintenance
- Special projects – What are your skills, gifts, talents?
- Work in child development center
- Help with clean-up projects
- Help with maintenance projects
The highlight of our summer was the creation of our rain barrel that now resides in the garden. Lynn Voltz, a teacher from Finneytown and a member of the Mayerson Summer Service Program, donated the rain barrel that now collects water for our students to use on the plants. Mayerson, which includes students from multiple schools, and the Nielsen Company worked hard to build the platform for the rain barrel. Nielsen also donated building supplies for the process, while Gray & Pape donated miniature watering cans for the preschool students to use.
Sara Reddick, our garden coordinator, said the rain barrel enables the children to learn about the water cycle. It makes it easier for the children to water plants, which supports the children’s learning in the garden.
With the collaborative effort of our volunteers, our Community Education Program, and the Early Learning Center, Peaslee is able to provide hands-on learning for its students.
If you are interested in getting involved and or volunteering with Peaslee Neighborhood Center, contact us at (513) 621-5514 x15.
Clink the link below to donate to Peaslee Neighborhood Center.